Israel to the Moon – level 2
In February, an Israeli organisation sent a spacecraft to the moon. It cost $100 million for the project, which was much less than NASA’s billions of dollars to go to the moon.
The spacecraft successfully orbited the moon, but it did not successfully land. As the spacecraft came down to the moon, its main engine suddenly turned off. The people who controlled the spacecraft started the engine again, but then they could not control it.
Israel’s Prime Minister said that ‘if at first you don’t succeed, you try again’.
Difficult words: spacecraft (a vehicle/machine which works in space), orbit (go around), engine (a part of a machine which moves it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos