Israel’s Tallest Lego Tower – level 2
In Tel Aviv, Israel, people won the world record after they built the tallest Lego tower. Each side of the tower is 35.92 metres tall and it is similar to a 12-storey building.
Thousands of people helped to build the structure from 0.5 million Lego bricks. The mayor said that many people participated, and this included Jews, Arabs, rich and poor people, and Orthodox and secular people.
People built the tower as a memorial for a local Lego-loving boy who died of cancer.
Difficult words: Orthodox (religious), secular (not religious), memorial (a thing that people make to remember someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos