ISS Now in for Business – level 2
The International Space Station was always closed to the public, and NASA was strongly against tourists and business there. The only commercial activity was limited to science experiments.
However, things are changing because NASA wants to land the next man and the first woman on the moon by 2024 and it needs money to do that. To help fund the future mission, NASA recently declared parts of the ISS open for business. Private astronauts will be able to visit and stay as early as next year. There is also going to be more research on the ISS.
Difficult words: fund (finance, pay for), declare (officially say that something is now true), research (studying something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos