Italy After Coronavirus – level 1
The coronavirus is in Italy. The situation is very bad. More than 230,000 get sick. 33,000 people die from the coronavirus there. Now, it seems that the situation is getting better.
People from some countries can travel to Italy again. Restaurants and pubs open. People can go out. People can have fun with friends.
Italians are very lively and happy people. They love to meet other people. They spend their free time in the streets.
During the coronavirus pandemic, this is not possible. Italians are very sad. The streets are empty.
Now, Italians feel free again. However, they know that they must follow some rules. It is very important that the coronavirus does not come back.
Officials hope that tourists start to return to Italy.
Difficult words: lively (full of life), pandemic (a sickness that makes many people in many places sick at the same time), empty (without people), hope (to believe that good things will happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos