Italy After Coronavirus – level 3
In Italy, the coronavirus pandemic sickened more than 230,000 people, and it claimed more than 33,000 lives. Infections are now down dramatically, and on Wednesday, Italy opened its borders to travelers from neighboring European countries.
The capital city, Rome, is beginning to spring back to life, which makes Italians feeling liberated. Rome is a city of people, who love to go out, eat good food, drink good wine, and meet friends. People hope that the haunting times and scenes of empty streets are over.
Currently, there are 600,000 reservations from around the world in Italy, which is not many; however, it is a sign of hope. Italians are free to dine and return to streets; however, it is necessary to follow social distancing rules, as officials still warn of possible risks.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.