James Horner dies – level 1
James Horner was a composer. He was famous. He composed music for famous films like The Titanic, The Karate Kid, Avatar, and Braveheart.
James Horner is dead. He died in a plane crash. He was flying his private plane.
We do not know what happened. People investigate the plane crash.
Difficult words: composer (a person who composes – writes music), was (past of is), investigate to (try to understand, to get information).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like Horner’s music?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos