James Horner dies – level 2
James Horner was a Hollywood composer. He composed the music for famous films like The Titanic, The Karate Kid, Avatar, and Braveheart.
James Horner died in a plane crash in Southern California. He was flying his private aeroplane in a national forest. The plane was a five-passenger one, but only one set of remains were found.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known, and investigations continue.
Difficult words: composer (a person who composes – writes music), remains (the pieces of a dead body), continue (to go on, to not stop).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like Horner’s music?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.