Japanese and American Warships – level 2
North Korea tried to launch a missile, and the USA reacted. It sent an aircraft carrier to the Korean waters last week.
A supply vessel needed to sail to the carrier, and a Japanese warship went with it to protect it. It is the largest Japanese warship. It is the helicopter carrier Izumo.
The situation in the region is getting more and more serious. North Korea threatens to sink the American carrier.
Difficult words: launch (send up; start), missile (a rocket), aircraft carrier (a large warship where airplanes can land), supply vessel (a ship which transports things for a larger ship), threaten (say that you are going to do something bad).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.