Jet Suit – level 2
In 2017, Richard Browning started a company that made jet suits. Since that time, he has flown over 100 flights across 30 countries with the suit.
Browning teamed up with a mountain rescue service in Britain, and they tested the suit for paramedics. Paramedics save people´s lives, and in the mountains, it can take a long time to get to an injured person. The test took place in the Lake District, which is a mountainous region in northwest England. It is famous for its lakes, forests, and mountains, and many people visit it every year.
The team chose a place of a simulated accident. It would take at least 25 minutes to walk there; however, Browning got there in 90 seconds. Browning hopes that the team will make the world´s first jet suit for paramedics.
Difficult words: jet suit (a special suit that allows the person who is wearing it to move above the ground), paramedic (a person whose job is to do medical work in an emergency situation), simulated (something that seems real but it is a training exercise).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.