Jets land on highway – level 1
Two special planes land on a highway. They are fighter jets from Norway.
It is part of a training. It happened in Tervo, Finland. The planes get fuel while their engines are working. This is called hotpit refuelling. This makes the planes safer during a war. The leader of the Norwegian Air Force says that fighter planes are not safe when they are on the ground. So, landing on roads is good for them. They do not need fields. They can take off and land more easily.
Finland is close to Russia. They have a long border together. Finland wants to buy 64 of these planes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other ways can these fighter jets be made safe during military operations?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.