JFK’s love letter – level 1
John F. Kennedy is an American president. He is the 35th President of the USA. He has a mistress. He writes her a love letter. This happens in October, 1963. One month later, Kennedy dies. He is shot by a man.
Now, you can buy his love letter. We know that it is real. We know Kennedy’s handwriting. It is on a White House paper, and it comes from Kennedy’s secretary, too.
It goes on auction on June 23. It is at least 30,000 dollars. Many people are interested in it. We do not know the final price. It can be very high.
Difficult words: mistress (a woman who has a relationship with a married man and she is not his wife), secretary (a personal assistant).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you write love letters?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.