Kias and Hyundais on Fire – level 3
There have been more than 3,000 complaints about certain Kia and Hyundai models for risk of catching fire, including claims of 103 injuries and one death in the USA.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced investigations into certain years of the Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe, and Kia Optima, Sorento and Soul models.
There could be up to 3 million Hyundai and Kia vehicles at an increased risk of catching fire.
Difficult words: complaint (when somebody complains about something – says that there is something wrong with it), claim (saying something which is not clear if it is true), announce (officially say something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
We write news in three different levels of English. We want to help you understand English more. Now all students can enjoy reading and listening.
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.