Killing Fields in Cambodia – level 3
Tourists in Cambodia can now book a tour of the country’s infamous Killing Fields and the Genocide Museum, making the site more accessible than before.
On the bus, visitors see a historical documentary to learn more about the dark period. Between 1975 and 1979, the Khmer Rouge regime murdered up to 3 million people.
Difficult words: infamous (known for something bad).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.