Koreas Connect a Little – level 2
There was a ceremony in which South and North Korean roads and railways were connected.
The event was symbolic, but it is another step toward peace. South Korea believes that this shows that the countries are willing to work together on rail and road modernisation.
North Korea is under international sanctions over its nuclear programme. South Korea said that the construction will go on while North Korea is closely watched.
Difficult words: connect (join, become one), be willing to do something (when you are willing to do something, you are not very happy about doing it but you do it anyway), sanctions (a type of punishment that a country can do to another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos