Lagoon Landing – level 2
A Boeing 737 was trying to land on Chuuk Island in the Federated States of Micronesia when it had to crash-land in a Pacific lagoon. All of the crew and 40–50 passengers on-board survived.
One survivor said that the flight attendants panicked and started yelling. On the other hand, the help of the locals impressed him, as they immediately started coming out on boats to help them.
He escaped with only a grazed forehead, but he said that some people were injured severely.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.