Landslide in China – level 3
A landslide from a mountain engulfed a village in south west China, leaving upwards of 100 people buried and 40 homes destroyed. This village is popular with tourists, though it is not known whether any were among the victims.
As many as 400 people came in the rescue efforts after the slide of around 3 million cubic metres of earth and rock.
Difficult words: engulf (cover completely).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.