Lantern Light Festival – level 2
Taiwan’s paper lantern light festival marks the end of the 15-day Chinese New Year celebrations. It takes place every year and hundreds of people came to watch the show.
Before people released the lanterns, they decorated them with pictures and well wishes. Tourists from around the world come every year to see this spectacle.
Difficult words: mark (celebrate), release (let go), spectacle (a show).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos