Largest Aircraft in the World – level 1
This news is about an aircraft. It is the biggest aircraft in the world. It is as long as a football pitch. It is as tall as six double-decker buses.
It costs 25 million pounds to make. It can carry heavier loads than a jumbo jet, but it is quieter and eco-friendlier. It can stay in the air for up to five days. The makers think that it is the future of flying.
It flies for the first time. It is in the air for two hours. It goes up to 914 metres.
Difficult words: load (something that you carry), eco-friendly (friendly to the planet, not making the planet dirty).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos