Lava in Hawaii – level 1
Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano is active.
Lava is bursting out of it. The lava is moving. It can move up to 274 metres per hour. Around 2,000 people must evacuate. The lava is getting closer to an important highway. More people will have to evacuate, too. The lava is dangerous. However, it can be beautiful. The lava lights up the sky at night. It turns the sky red.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.