Legendary Nazi Train – level 1
The Nazis have a train. They put expensive things on the train. They put on the train 300 tons of gold, jewels, and art. They drive this train into secret tunnels. The tunnels are in an area in Germany. This is in 1945. Now, this same area is in Poland.
All of this is only a story. It may be true. We do not know.
A group of people are building a replica of this train. They are Polish. They are working in an old factory. The replica is as big as a real train.
When they finish, they move the train. They put it at the end of a tunnel. This can be a tourist attraction. They hope that people like it. They hope that people will come see it.
Difficult words: jewel (a very expensive stone), may (can/cannot), replica (a copy, a model).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos