Legendary Nazi Train – level 2
Legend has it that in 1945, the Nazis filled a train with up to 300 tons of gold, jewels, and masterpieces. They drove it into secret tunnels in an area of Germany. This area is now part of Poland.
A group of Polish enthusiasts are building a full-size replica of this famous train. The group is working in an old wood processing factory. These people already have an armoured wagon, which is over 12 metres long. Now, they will build three armoured freight cars and an armoured locomotive.
Then they will move everything and connect it to a tunnel. This will look like the train has arrived. The group hopes that this will become the area’s tourist attraction.
Difficult words: enthusiast (a person who is very interested in something), armoured (protected by metal), freightcar (a railway wagon for carrying freight – cargo, things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos