Lego Christmas tree – level 3
Merry Brickmas! This isn’t just any ordinary Christmas tree. It’s a 26-foot (8 metres) Christmas tree made from Lego.
Many fun childhood Christmas memories involve Lego, but this display takes the toy’s association with the festivities to a whole new level.
Made of hundreds of thousands of the popular toy brand’s plastic bricks, the enormous Lego tree took experts weeks to construct and took designer Hannah Reed almost fifty hours to create. And the cherry on top of the cake – or in this case, the angel on top of the tree – is festive fairy made of 4,000 Lego pieces and weighing in at a whopping 6.5 kilograms.
Lego, the toy for building children’s dreams, as well as impressive holiday displays.
Difficult words: Brickmas (this is a pun – Lego toys are small bricks and this stands for Christmas), association (a connection), enormous (very big), the cherry on top of the cake (something special that is added at the end to something else that is special), fairy (a small person with magical powers), whopping (very large).
Do you already have your Christmas tree?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.