Lego city – level 2
Timus Murtazin founded a Lego museum near Moscow, Russia. Murtazin started building Lego when he was 6 years old, and it became a life-long hobby for him.
In the museum, visitors can see a 55-square-meter Lego city which Murtazin built himself. There are houses, stores, a fire station, a train, and even a roller coaster. Murtazin had only one rule. When he built something, he never took it apart or made any changes to it.
His wife was not interested in Lego when the couple met, and she thought that Lego was for children only. Murtazin showed her that adults can enjoy building with Lego, too.
The company Lego will celebrate its 90th birthday next year. 2003 and 2004 were very hard years for Lego, and the company lost a lot of money. In 2020, Lego’s sales went up by 20%, and the company wants to open 120 new stores worldwide.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.