Lion Tug of War – level 1
This news is about a zoo. For a price, you can play tug of war with tigers and lions.
One of the zookeepers talks about this. He says that some zoos do it. He says that the game is an exercise for the animals. He says that people can learn about the animals from this.
Some people criticise the zoo for this. They say that it is not normal for animals to play this game. They say that the zoo is doing it just to be special.
Difficult words: tug of war (a game when two groups of people pull the opposite ends of rope), zookeepers (a person who takes care of animals in a zoo), exercise (moving the body so that it gets/stays fit).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.