Little otter in Chicago – level 2
People found a sea otter pup in critical condition on a beach in California. Her mother was gone and she had to be fed as soon as possible.
Now the five-week-old orphaned otter is doing better. She is at an aquarium in Chicago. She weighs six pounds (2.7 kilograms) and is 22 inches long (56 centimetres). She drinks milk from a bottle and she is beginning to eat solid food.
Difficult words: pup (a young animal), orphaned (parentless), solid food (not liquid – like water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you name the otter? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos