London Pride – level 2
London’s 43rd Pride parade attracted tens of thousands of people. Over 300 groups marched in the event to show support to the LGBT community. One of the groups was also the Met police.
The group came to a sudden stop – one officer had a very important question to ask his boyfriend. He took off his hat and got down on one knee and proposed. And, of course, his boyfriend said yes!
Difficult words: march (go, walk), support (help), Met (metropolitan – relating to a metropolis, the capital), propose (ask somebody if he or she wants to marry you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.