London Pride – level 3
Love was in the air at London’s Pride parade.
The Met police, who were marching in the event, came to a sudden halt so that one of their officers could ask a very important question. In front of a crowd of thousands, the officer got down on one knee to propose to his boyfriend. And, of course, he said yes!
The city’s 43rd annual Pride parade attracted tens of thousands of people to the capital and over 300 groups marched in the event to show support to the LGBT community.
Difficult words: love is in the air (when people feel very loving and affectionate), Met (metropolitan – relating to a metropolis, the capital), halt (stop), annual (happening every year).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos