London Protest – level 1
Thousands of people protest in London, England, UK. They meet in Trafalgar Square. They do not want to wear masks.
They do not like the government’s plan about the COVID-19 vaccine. The government wants to give the vaccine to all people. Most protesters do not wear masks. They do not follow the government’s rules. The police come. They try to make the protesters leave. However, the protesters throw bottles at police officers. One officer is hurt. Police arrest 32 people.
Some protesters believe that COVID-19 is a hoax. Other protesters believe that the 5G network makes people sick from COVID-19. However, officials say that it is not true.
Difficult words: vaccine (a medicine you get as an injection or a shot that stops you from getting a sickness), hoax (a trick to make people believe a lie), 5G network (a modern fast Internet network).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.