Long wave in China – level 1
Something interesting happens in China. It starts every year at the beginning of the eighth month. Thousands of people come to see it.
The thing happens in the water. It is a special wave. Tides create this wave. The wave moves forward one river. It forms a straight line. It looks really cool. It attracts many surfers and tourists.
Difficult words: tide (how the water moves up and down), attract (to be interesting and make people come), tourist (somebody who travels to see new places).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Have you ever seen something like this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.