Lost Daughter in China – level 1
This news is from China. In 1994, a couple loses their child. Their daughter is just three years old. They look for her for 24 years. The father is a taxi driver. He asks his passengers for help.
After 24 years, police find the daughter. The DNA test says that she is the couple’s daughter. The family reunites.
Difficult words: couple (a husband and wife), passenger (a person who goes somewhere in the taxi), reunite (be together again), DNA test (a test that can tell if you are related to someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos