Lost dog is found – level 2
A dog got lost in England. His owners organised big search parties, but they didn’t find him. A lifeboat crew saw some movement on the cliffs. They first thought that it was a sheep, but it was the dog!
The nine-year-old dog was lost for more than a week. They found him hungry and thirsty but still in good health. Once they moved him to safety, they reunited him with his human family.
Difficult words: search party (group of people which looks for someone or something lost), cliff (large rock at the edge of the sea), reunite (to come together again).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has your dog ever got lost?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.