Lost Japanese boy is back – level 2
A boy in Japan was throwing rocks, so his parents decided to punish him by leaving him on the side of the road next to a forest. They drove off in their car. When they came back, their son was gone.
Rescue workers and volunteers looked for him for a week in the woods. People eventually found the boy at a military hut and took him to hospital.
He came out of hospital recently, wearing a baseball cap that had messages on it. He told people that he felt OK and that he forgave his parents.
Difficult words: punish (make a person feel bad feelings or pain for doing something bad), forgive (say you are not angry with somebody after they did something wrong).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos