Lottery of 2 billion dollars – level 1
Somebody wins a lot of money in a lottery called Powerball. This lottery is in the United States.
The winner buys the lottery ticket in a shop in Altadena, California. The owner of this shop gets 1 million dollars. The money is a bonus for the person who sells the winning ticket.
Lottery officials must say the name of the winner. This rule is in California.
The drawing always happens on Monday evening. This week, there is a problem. The drawing is on Tuesday morning. It is 10 hours later than usual. The situation never happens before.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.