Lungs Transplant – level 2
A baby girl from Britain was seriously ill in her first month of life. She was really small and sick. She had problems breathing and she was always in hospital.
Today, she is a healthy child thanks to a new pair of lungs. Doctors transplanted them when she was just five months old.
Usually, children can wait for years for a donor. In some cases, the donor never comes, but this girl was lucky – her match came within days. The operation was not easy because the lungs were so small.
The girl is now home, happy and healthy, but her parents know that for their baby to live, other parents lost their child.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.