Luton Airport fire – level 3
All flights at Luton Airport have been suspended until the afternoon due to a massive fire that engulfed a terminal car park on Tuesday evening.
The fire resulted in significant structural damage to the multi-story car park, and Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service believes it was an accidental blaze that started in a vehicle. Fortunately, no serious injuries have been reported, though some firefighters and airport staff were treated for smoke inhalation. The airport is focused on passenger and staff safety and aims to resume operations as soon as possible.
The car park, with a capacity for up to 1,900 vehicles, may have sustained substantial damage. Sprinklers were not present in the car park, and recommendations for their installation in future redevelopment are expected. Numerous passengers have been affected by the incident, leading to disruptions in travel plans.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the implications of the car park fire on passenger and flight operations at Luton Airport?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.