Machine Trains Horses – level 3
A machine installed in England could be about to change the way that race horses are trained forever.
Roller coaster engineers developed the £20 million jockey-less system and they aimed to reduce the risk of injury to young horses by eliminating human error. However, as one champion jockey said, only time will show whether the system works. The ‘monorail’ runs a 1.5-kilometre track.
Difficult words: monorail (a railway of a single rail).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos