Malaysian Prime Minister – level 1
On Monday, the prime minister of Malaysia quits his job. It is not clear who can be the next prime minister. The Malaysian monarch asks him to stay in his job. Then the government can appoint a new prime minister.
Some people think that the old prime minister is trying to change something. Maybe he is trying to make a new government without another official. Maybe this official can be the next prime minister. Maybe the old prime minister does not want this.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.