Man and a moose – level 2
A video, which someone uploaded to social media, showed a man. He stood on the bow of a speedboat and he followed a moose which was in the water. Then, he jumped on the moose!
After watching the video, many people called Canadian officials who now are trying to identify the man. Someone probably filmed the video last July in the northern Rocky Mountains.
Officials say that what the man did was illegal. If they find him, he could face a fine of up to 100,000 dollars.
Difficult words: bow (the front of a boat), official (a person in a position of authority), fine (money which you must pay for doing something illegal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what this man did?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.