Man catches a baby – level 2
A baby in china climbed onto a window ledge. It was looking for its mother.
The baby fell out of the two-storey building. Luckily, a man caught the one-year-old. A security camera captured the shocking moment.
The man said that he didn’t think too much. He was afraid that he might not catch the baby. He also said that it was human instinct to save the child.
Difficult words: climb (move), window ledge (flat narrow area at the bottom of the window), storey (floor).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever saved another person?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos