Man catches a bank robber – level 2
A man was waiting in a bank in south London when a masked robber burst in. He waved his gun at the cashier.
Luckily, the man noticed that the robber’s gun was fake. He told the robber to leave. When the criminal did, the man chased after him. Police arrested and jailed the robber for life.
The man, who is a window cleaner, was given £1,200 for his bravery.
Difficult words: masked (wearing a mask to cover your face), burst in (enter quickly), chase (to follow somebody to catch them), bravery (being brave).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a brave person?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.