Man collects old Apple devices – level 1
Jimmy Grewal lives in Dubai. He loves Apple computers. He collects Apple computers and devices for all his life.
Now he has more than 200 pieces. Some of the computers are his own. He also buys the computers which he does not have as a child. He says that looking at the computers is like looking at his childhood.
Grewal wants to make an exhibition. An exhibition is an event to show things. He needs money for it. He will sell some of the computers.
Some of the computers are not very good. Only a few people buy them at that time. Grewal says that it is OK. The computers show that if you work hard, you will be successful one day.
Difficult words: collect (to put similar things together), childhood (the time when someone is a child), successful (to do something with a good result).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos