Man collects old Apple devices – level 3
Dubai resident and enthusiast Jimmy Grewal has an impressive collection of around 200 Apple computers and accessories.
Grewal says that his collection is very important to him; it’s a snapshot into his childhood and his memories. He either owned or used all of the devices, or they were the ones that he wanted to own as a child.
Many of the computers in Grewal’s collection weren’t commercially successful, and it was a sign for him that if you keep trying, eventually you would have success that the world would remember.
Grewal will sell an Apple-1 computer on eBay to fund pop-up exhibitions of his collection. Last year, he was invited to an event where he met Steve Wozniak, one of the Apple founders, who signed an original Apple-1 computer for him.
Difficult words: enthusiast (a person who’s very interested in a particular activity or subject), snapshot (a photograph that’s taken quickly; a picture of a memory), pop-up (temporary).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos