Man Destroys COVID-19 Vaccine – level 2
Police arrested a man who worked at a hospital in Wisconsin, US. Police said that the man destroyed more than 500 doses of a coronavirus vaccine.
The man said that he made a mistake when he took the vaccine from a refrigerator, and he forgot to put it back. Later, he then said that he wanted to destroy the vaccine. The problem was that the vaccine stayed out too long and it became ineffective. Some people got the vaccine, but the company which made the vaccine said that it was not dangerous to people.
The man did not explain why he wanted to destroy the vaccine.
Difficult words: dose (the amount of a medicine that somebody takes or gets at one time), refrigerator (a place that is very cold inside and that people usually use to store food and drinks), ineffective (when something does not work as someone wants).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.