Man finds a Viking treasure – level 2
A man from Scotland found a great treasure. He found Viking artefacts that are worth one million pounds. He found more than 100 things. They are from the 9th to 10th centuries.
The man used to be a businessman. Now, he is an amateur treasure hunter. This was not his first big discovery. He found 322 old coins in a field earlier this year.
Experts from Scotland arrived at the field of his discovery within hours. They want to start to dig there and try to find more objects.
Difficult words: treasure (a quantity of gold, coins, gems etc.), artefact (an object which is historically interesting), used to be (were).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever found anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos