Man is Almost Hit on a Highway – level 2
A man was crossing a busy highway in China when two vehicles entered the crossroads from different sides.
The car and the truck tried to avoid an accident, but they hit each other and almost hit the man. The man was extremely lucky. The two vehicles hit just inches from him. He was almost crushed.
Nobody was injured but the accident heavily damaged both vehicles.
Difficult words: vehicle (something used for transportation), crossroads (a place where two roads meet and cross each other), avoid (when don’t want something to happen and you try to stop it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the article?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos