Man is hit by three cars – level 2
A man tried to cross a busy street in China, but a car hit him. He was on the ground. Only within ten seconds, another car appeared and ran him over.
Later, some locals saw him on the road and went to help him. While they figured out how to help, another car spotted them and stopped. Sadly, it stopped too fast and a car behind it hit it. As a result, the first car accidentally ran over the man again.
In total, three cars hit the man. A hospital treated his broken ribs and left leg.
Difficult words: run over (to knock a person down and pass over his body), figure out (to think about something/how to do something), spot (see).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Shocking, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.