Man is hit by three cars – level 3
This is the moment a man in China survived being hit by not one, not two, but three cars in Kunshan city.
The man, named Li, can be seen being hit by the cars repeatedly in the middle of a road.
According to the surveillance video footage, the accident took place as he was trying to cross the busy street.
After being knocked down by the first car, Li was run over by another within just ten seconds.
Later, some locals saw him lying injured on the road and went over to help.
While they were still figuring out how to help Li, another car spotted them and stopped, but due to its sudden brake, it was hit by a car from behind. As a result, the first car slightly ran over him again accidentally.
Li suffered from several fractures in his left leg and six ribs. He is said to be recovering in hospital.
Difficult words: repeatedly (again and again), surveillance video footage (security camera video), spot (see), sudden (quick), brake (slow down or stop), recover (get better).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos