Man on a boat – level 2
A man wanted to go from Morocco to Spain illegally. He hid in the turbine of a ferry engine.
Spanish police intercepted the man on Wednesday. The 20-year-old wore wetsuit and held a bag with his things.
Difficult words: illegally (without following laws), turbine (wheel which moves water), intercept (to stop somebody), wetsuit (rubber clothing for water sports and to keep warm in the ocean).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have illegal immigrants in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos