Man tries to steal in a bank – level 2
A 27 year-old unemployed man tried to steal a woman’s money in a bank. She stood at the counter when the man attempted to take her money.
He started to run away but soon two police officers stopped him. People watched the incident in shock.
The man had already served seven months in prison for a burglary, and police released him in July 2013. The current case is under investigation.
Difficult words: unemployed (jobless), attempt (try), burglary (the act of entering a building to steal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.