Man tries “walking” to Bermuda – level 2
A man tried to run around the Bermuda Triangle in a water walking ball. People reported him missing, so the US coast guard started to look for him.
The man was found disoriented and asking for directions to Bermuda. The coast guards noticed that he stocked the ball only with water and protein bars, and they tried to make him abandon his trip. He didn’t want to give up in the beginning, but he activated his beacon on Saturday morning and the coast guard saved him.
The man is now safe and the rescue operation did not injure him.
Difficult words: stocked (something stocked is prepared somewhere), abandon (stop), beacon (SOS signal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that the man is brave or crazy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.